Sunday, October 20, 2013

Technology



I LOVE TECHNOLOGY!  I know the opportunities are endless when it comes to using technology in the classroom.  Integrating more technology in my classroom would allow for more individualized learning.  Students would be able to create and show their learning in new ways.  My biggest apprehension for having more technology is the learning becoming so individualized that students aren’t able to interact with one another as much.  This can be overcome by having students work together on group projects or sharing and hearing feedback about what they are doing from their peers

In my classroom, I have observed students become excited about learning with technology.  I have seen students create projects as a class with the iPads and seeing their faces light up when they see the finished product.  I have seen students thrive to be able to learn with the iPad or SMART board.  They enjoy seeing technology, using technology, and learning with technology.

My idea for integrating technology to get students to the modification or redefinition level is to give students choice in how they want to show what they know.  Children are so creative and when given the opportunity they will strive to reach the unknown.

1 comment:

  1. I love your ideas about how to get to the "M" and the "R" of the SAMR model. Student choice is something I believe in but I sometimes have a difficult time letting go and giving them too much choice. I have the same fear of integrating too much technology and seeing the connections between them dwindle. I think group work is a great way to avoid that yet have them working daily with the i-Pads etc. Good ideas, Lori!

    ReplyDelete