Monday, February 17, 2014

Technology


This past week, I implemented a new app in my class called StoryLines.  I used this app as a vocabulary game, but the possibilities are endless.  The game is similar to the game telephone, but with words and pictures.  Up to nine students are able to play at a time.  In my class, I used the app as a whole group game by projecting the iPad screen for all the students to see.  The first student typed in a vocabulary word.   The next student drew a quick sketch to show the word.  I then projected the iPad for the whole class to guess the word.  My students really enjoyed this game and asked to play it again and again.  I plan to use this app again in my class.  In the future, I would like to use this game in small groups as a center.

1 comment:

  1. Lori,
    Sounds like a neat app. We don't have much classroom technology yet, but I would love to try it out in my room. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete