Saturday, February 1, 2014

Technology: Haiku Deck



I began creating a Haiku Deck on my own to try it before presenting it to my class.  I wanted to create a deck with synonyms and then have students add to the deck by creating their own pages.  Well, as soon as I began creating one and typing in words for pictures, inappropriate pictures came up multiple times.  I instantly knew that I would not be able to use this tool to let my students explore with individually or projected for the entire class.  As an alternative, I wrote the words on the deck and found a picture.  Students then worked as a class to add synonyms without having to find pictures.  My students enjoyed using this technology tool.  This tool could be very beneficial for the future especially with vocabulary words.  I would use this tool again, but similar to how I used it the first time due to the pictures.

I have always been very excited about technology in the classroom.  Before the master’s work with technology, I was always looking for new ways to incorporate technology in my classroom.  This program has given me more resources for my tool kit that I can continue to incorporate in my classroom.  Although the resources are limited for my students, there are still many ways to get technology in the hands of students even if it means with whole group instruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment