Sunday, May 19, 2013

Exit Tickets




This week, I decided to try using exit slips in math.  At the end of math lessons, we usually discuss and recall what we learned verbally.  This week at the end of my math lessons, I gave my students a question or problem to solve that related to what we learned.  Students had to write a response or solve a problem on paper.  I believe this instructional strategy was very effective.  This method gave me a very good idea of students that truly understood the lesson and the students who needed extra support.

1 comment:

  1. Lori- I too love using exit tickets with my class. They are such an effective way to gain an insight as to where your kids are at quickly. It also allows you to group your children based on the exit slips, and drive your instruction further if need be by some. It works with my young kindergarten students and older students as well. Have you tried using it with any other subject besides math? I have found it useful in many different subject areas.

    ReplyDelete