Sunday, September 22, 2013

Empathy



After completing the Glanz survey, empathy was my top virtue.  I see empathy playing out in my life because I look for the positives in every child and situation.  I also try to help my students see the importance of being different and respecting our differences.  I am a good listener and respect what others have to say.  I feel that in life it is so important to be a good person and to always do the right thing.

Empathy can be seen in association, generativity, and presence.  It is essential for teachers to create a caring classroom in which all students feel loved and cared for and know it is okay to make mistakes.  Empathy is important for the success of AGAPE because students need to respect and care about one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment