Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Teaching with Intention




After reading the chapter, The Principle of Intention by Paul D. Houston, I began to think about my intention for becoming an educator.  Intention is what you want to do and the why behind it.  My goal in life was to be a teacher and my intention is to make a difference in the lives of children.  Each day, I work hard to show my students I care for them.  Houston says, “The more your underlying intention focuses on benefiting others, the more you will engender support from the Universe.”  It is my intention to make connections and build relationships with students to help them succeed.  It only takes one person to make a difference in someone's life.  As an educator, I want to focus on others and not myself so that I can bring about positive changes.

1 comment:

  1. We so often forget why we started teaching in the first place. To recall that, and then use the power of intention to connect with all kids, is so powerful. We all need to reflect and connect every day.

    ReplyDelete